Rob's Memory - Welcome To

Archives

January 2013
July 2012

powered by

A Time To Serve

ROB'd With Kindness

On July 20, 2012, family and friends gathered together to honor and celebrate the legacy of my son, Robert T. Curry III.  It is an awesome experience to be surrounded by those who demonstrate love and encouragement during the most difficult time in the life of my family.  This time was also an opportunity to share my vision of ensuring that Robert’s legacy of “giving” will continue.  I am pleased to announce the “ROB’d With Kindness Project”, an effort to touch those that we encounter with random acts of kindness on behalf of Robert.

The concept involves taking the opportunity to do something kind for a loved one, a neighbor, a friend or a total stranger.  The gesture could be as simple as opening a door for someone, mowing a sick neighbor’s lawn, or paying for a cup of coffee.  When you “ROB someone with Kindness”, present them with Robert’s card so that they will know the source of inspiration for your graciousness.  Encourage the recipient to pass the Kindness on and by all means visit often and share with us your experience.  Our hearts will be warmed by your visit and your actions, and the memory of our beloved ROB will live on through your acts of kindness. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take Care!

168 Comments to ROB'd With Kindness:

Comments RSS
Debra on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:33 PM
Act of Kindness (AOK) 1 - A single parent was ROB'd With Kindness and provided with funds to purchase school supplies or to apply to any existing need. Kudos to single parents. You are remembered!

Debra on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:45 PM
AOK - #2. A co-worker was Rob'd With Kindness today. Lunch was paid for on behalf of ROBert! There truly is more happiness in giving than receiving. We are now 363 AOKs away from the goal of 365!

David Pippen on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:07 PM
This is is very well put together. Rob would be proud!

Denise on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:49 PM
Just yesterday an old friend of mine from NY posted a comment on Facebook saying that he was having problems that he couldn't shake. He acknowledged that he does praise God during the good and the bad times, but he was wondering if God heard his prayers. His ending words were "God, won't you help me?" I saw that no-one else responded to his post in over an hour and after an internal fight with myself, I wrote back "Friend, God has already worked out your problem, He did this before the foundation of the world. Sit and listen with your "Spirit ears" and you'll know your next steps." Initially, I wasn't going to respond because you never know how people may truly feel or if they even want a response, but, I thought to myself, If I had an open-ended question like that, I would want to know that someone out there regardless of distance knows what it is like to seek God and have questions answered when you think there are no options remaining. Later he responded saying "thank you for your kind compassion and words of wisdom." It made me feel good to know that I was doing God's work and no matter how simple or insignificant I thought my response was, it made him feel better! Be Blessed everyone!

Debra on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:53 PM
Thank you for reaching out to your friend and ROB-ing him With Kindness. We are counting your Act of Kindness as AOK#3. Your actions made a difference in someone's life and that's the way life should be. Continue to spread the love and kindness.

LaTrese Porter on Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:11 AM
I saw your interview on 11Alive news this morning and I couldn't wait to visit this site. You are a very strong Mother and your Son would be extrmely proud of what you're doing. I have been encouraged twice this week to show Acts of Kindness. Yesterday,after seeing the 11Alive RAK, I sent an email to all my co-workers encouraging them to do so and today I will share your story. Again, It is such a blessing when we can use bad things to make a greater imapact and please know that you are doing just that as well as encouraging others to do the same. May the Lord continue to strengthen you to do his will!

Debra on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:04 PM
Hi LaTrese, So glad you were watching 11 Alive news! In painful situations, we all have to find ways to cope. It has taken some time, but I have found that replacing negative thoughts and actions with positive thoughts and actions really makes a difference. Think how much better the world would be if each person made a commitment to be positive. By the way, don’t forget to post your Acts of Kindness. We have a year-end goal of 365. Thank you again. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Anonymous on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:13 PM
AOK#9 - The concept of ROB-ing With Kindess was used today to write a heartfelt message to a family that just lost a 23 year-old. His name is William Mast. He lost his life just a few days prior to the birth of his first child. My condolences to the his family. This will be a tough journey.

Gloria Sharp on Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:52 PM
Robert touched us all.. Personally, I knew him...loved him...miss him. Definitely, gone to soon. What a honor to be remembered this way.

Heather Edens on Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:58 PM
I'm ROB'd by your kindness everyday when you say good morning with a your beautiful smile. It is a privelege to work with you and know you. You are a wonderful, kind person and your son would be very proud.

Pat Choumitsky on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:07 PM
At my yogo class, I won a drawing for a book and for a yoga meditation series and I was moved to give them to other members of my class. The expression of joy was immeasurable. To Rob someone with kindnes with AOKs is a blessing as much, if not more to the giver than even the receiver..

Pat Choumitsky on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:09 PM
I am also the blessed recipient of beautiful flowers from my co-worker, Debra. The flowers were beautiful and brought joy to my day, but he greatest gift is the love of a dear and beautiful friend. Thank you Debra for allowing me to be Rob'd with Kindness!

Debra on Sunday, September 09, 2012 8:29 PM
Pat. You have been such a true friend to me. You have been in my space from the beginning of my son's loss. Flowers are a small token of what you really deserve. From the heart, I am thankful for your presence in my life! DC

Debra on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:43 PM
AOK#6 - I ROB'd a stranger With Kindness by buying coffee for the car behind me at Starbucks. The attendant would tell the driver that her coffee was paid for and would provide her the RoB'd With Kindness card. It felt great!

Lynn on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:46 PM
AOK#7 - I was ROB'd With Kindness by one of my friends at work. She gave me a bracelet that was my favorite color and gave me Robert's card. I felt so special!!

Anonymous on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:51 PM
AOK#8 - I was ROB'd With Kindness by someone very special. She delivered my favorite fruit, strawberries, creatively carved with blueberry toppings. And, it was delivered on a platter. Simply beautiful and so delicious!

Keith McGrew on Saturday, September 01, 2012 1:05 AM
I have a confession to make. Today I Rob’d someone, a lady at the gas station. She never saw it coming. In fact I snuck up behind and caught her with her guard down. The fact is I’m ashamed at how easy it was. She was bent over the counter sorting and counting her change to determine how much gas she could afford, by the time I heard her say to the attendant that she had $8.53, that's when I made my move, that’s when I went in for the kill, it was at that moment that deed was done. Out of nowhere, I jumped in front of her and shouted to the attendant at the gas station, 'Round it up to $20.00 worth of gas and put the balance on my card’; the poor lady never had a chance, before she knew it, she had been Rob’d with kindness. Needless to say she was taken aback, she promised to refer this matter to the authorities (heavenly authorities that is) I assured her that I would appreciate her prayers. As I was completing my “Random Act of Kindness”, I pumped her gas, gave her a card explaining the mission, and enjoyed the opportunity of telling her the story of my step son Robert. Finally, as I was preparing to leave the scene of this minor act of benevolence, I encouraged her, as soon as she was able, to pass it on to the next person! Have you Rob’d Someone today?

Anonymous on Thursday, September 06, 2012 4:12 PM
AOK#10 - A stranger was ROB'd With Kindness and received a free breakfast.

Debra on Friday, September 07, 2012 4:28 PM
AOK#11 - Wow! I was just ROB'd With Kindness in such an extraordinary way. The principle was based on ask and you will receive. I asked and what I received in return was simply miraculous. I am so thankful that kindness continues to flourish in the hearts of so many people.

Anonymous on Friday, September 07, 2012 4:36 PM
AOK#12 - I ROB'd someone with Kindness today. It was a very small gesture (paying for a bag of chips), but a gesture greatly appreciated by the recipient. Acts of kindness can be small or large, or somewhere in between. The meaning comes from the intent for intent reveals what is in the heart.

Debra on Sunday, September 09, 2012 8:26 PM
AOK#13 - I was ROB'd With Kindness in high fashion. My son surprised with me a bouquet of flowers, an inscribed jewelry box with the words, "Thank you for all you do!" and a beautiful bracelet with several heart charms. One charm says, "Follow your dreams". The second charm literally brought me to tears. It said, "To a Phenomenal Mom1" I was so deeply touched. Julius knew that Robert referred to me as the Phenomenal Mom, so in memory of Robert and to celebrate his affection for me, he had the most perfect words inscribed. In one word - PRICELESS!

anonymous on Friday, September 14, 2012 12:07 PM
A friend was travelling for 2 weeks overseas, she is no longer employed and was going to have to pay a cat sitter to come in daily and take care of her two cats. I volunteered for the job at no cost and was rewarded with unconditional love and comfort and company of two beautiful, friendly kitties!

Debra on Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:42 AM
Thank you for sharing! I am sure that your Act of Kindness was well received! The outcome of your story clearly demonstrates that not only does the recipient of kinndess benefit, but the GIVER benefits as well. You will always have a positive story to reflect on and so will your friend! Keep spreading kindness!

Shay Langgood on Friday, September 14, 2012 12:09 PM
I performed the AOK by helping an older woman off the plane, assisted her walk up the galley and summoned a wheel chair for her. She was very grateful for the assistance with her walk. It only took a few minutes to help this woman, but I would want someone to help my Mother in this way.

Debra on Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:52 AM
Hi Shay. Thank you for sharing your Acts of Kindness! What you did was so..special. Elderly people especially deserve to be treated with respect and kindness. They have given so much to society and their wisdom can never be replaced. Your actions showed the pureness of your heart and it sounds like you didn't hesitate to render assistance. I love it! Keep spreading the love and kindness and continue to come to the site to share your positive acts! Imagine if we all "sprang into action" to show that we care about each other?! The world would certainly be a better place. Thanks again for sharing!

anonymous on Friday, September 14, 2012 12:10 PM
I called an older gentleman who had provided speech training for me back in the mid-90's to tell him that his training changed my life. He changed me from a person who felt they had no voice and was afraid of speaking up to someone who now gives talks regularly. He was such a blessing in my life and I needed to let him know what an impact he had on mine.

Debra on Saturday, September 15, 2012 7:02 AM
Thank you for sharing your Act of Kindness! Two great things happened here. First, you took time out of your busy schedule to thank the person who positively impacted your life. And, you did it while he was alive to hear and appreciate it! So often, we intend to "say and do" things, but we don't get around to it. Glad that you paused for a moment! Second, your example of where you were to where you are now (with your speaking abilities) is very inspiring. It communicates that one should never give up when obstacles are before us. Great story!

Stephanie Clerk on Friday, September 14, 2012 12:23 PM
I was able to do many AOK. It has becoming second nature to do something to make someone smile or whatever is revealed out of my spirit to make someone's day better. I can say that I was blessed by a Random AOK from Debra (wonderful person that she is). On the day that she was honoring her son's memory, she blessed me with money out of nowhere. I felt that was so giving of her to do something like that because she was giving out from herself on a day when she was remembering her son. She was able to look beyond the pain and give to someone else and she doesn't know how much she blessed me with that. I felt so good inside because I wasn't expecting that, but she doesn't even know how much it was needed. I love her and I am glad that I have been able to learn about her son through her spirit and hearing everyone speak of him......

Debra on Saturday, September 15, 2012 7:09 AM
Thank you for sharing! Your spirit is so beautiful! It was that spirit that moved me to ROB you With Kindness. I see how hard you work to be a good mother. I see how much you care for your daughters and I applaud you. Whatever you are given it is because you deserve it! Keep spreading love and kindness!

Stephanie Clerk on Friday, September 14, 2012 12:25 PM
I would say that an AOK was when I surprised my friend Debra with a beautiful bracelet. We happened to be talking when she was doing one of her Random AOK and out of nowhere I went and gave her a bracelet.

Debra on Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:21 PM
Stephanie! I remember this day so clearly when you ROB'd me With Kindness. I was so shocked, so overwhelmed that you not only thought of me, but showed it through a beautiful gift. And, it was my favorite color - red!

Stephanie Clerk on Friday, September 14, 2012 12:29 PM
About a month ago, I was coming home from church and God led me to go to Krystals and get the girls some food. In front of me was a car that was in the way and then the cashier at the window took the food back and the driver drove off and stopped at the exit. I got to the window and asked the cashier why the person didn't get their food. The cashier told me that she didn't have any money to get her food. I asked her how much was her food. She said the amount and I blew the horn to get the drivers attention. She thought I was saying to move, but I yelled out to come back and get her food. She was soooo excited and happy and kept saying thank you. She had lost her wallet the night before and didn't realize it until she had gotten to the register to pay for her food. She thought that she threw it away in the trash at the pharmacy. I hope that she found her wallet, but for that night, she would be able to get something to eat. It made me feel so good inside.

Debra on Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:31 PM
Thank you for sharing your ROB'd With Kindness story! You seem to be good at this and more than likely it is because of the spiritual walk. You mentioned how good it felt to be kind. I concur. It feels absolutely wonderful. Two positive chords are simultaneously struck and world becomes better, one kind act at a time. Keep spreading kindness! I am proud of you!

Keith McGrew on Saturday, September 15, 2012 9:47 PM
An evening out turns into an opportunity to give: While out at the Atlanta Food Truck Park one evening , making our way through the crowd to survey the selection of trucks on the property that night, I encountered a lady who had walked up from a nearby neighborhood. She had enough money to buy only one item, but really wanted an additional selection from a different truck. At that moment I saw an opportunity and seized the moment. I had overheard her conversation; she wanted fried okra from the soul food truck. So I placed an order for her, introduced myself, I told her Robert’s story, introduced her to Debra and finally informed her that I had taken the liberty to place and order for her and that she could pick them up when ready. A good time was had by all…A good evening indeed!

Debra on Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:26 PM
Thank you for sharing your ROB'd With Kindness story. I remember the occurrence. I was approached by an unfamiliar woman who seemed to be genuinely sorry for the loss of my son, Robert. I wondered how she knew about Robert, but found out when I was led to the ROBBER of Kindness..You. Thank you for being so beautiful! Keep spreading kindness!

Greg Giles on Sunday, September 16, 2012 2:50 AM
I Have Rob'd some one with kindness. a person that is employed by me could not pay his telephone bill and I knew that keeping his his line of communication open was very very IMPORTANT . So I paid his bill and then called him on phone the phone that he thought was off and told him what I did .. He was very thankful and appreciated my act of kindness

Debra on Sunday, September 16, 2012 12:37 PM
Thank you for sharing your Act of Kindness on behalf of Robert! What a great story. I can only imagine the surprise and joy experienced by the recipient. That's a memory and feeling that will be lasting. Awesome. Keep spreading kindness and keep coming back to the site to blog. Such a positive emeotional response is experienced when positive stories are read. I love it!

Debra on Sunday, September 16, 2012 12:30 PM
Thank you for taking time to visit the site and learn more about my son, Robert. He was very special to me and the fact that he called me the "Phenomenal Mom" demonstrates that I was special to him as well. Stay tuned and be sure to blog about your acts of kindness. Also encourage your friends to spread kindness and blog about it. You may not have realized this, but you already showed an act of kindness by providing feedback to me. Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon!

Carlos Jones on Sunday, September 16, 2012 7:00 PM
On Wednesday, my co-worker was taking his lunch break in the tool repair room and I asked him why wasn't he in the break room, he stated that he didn't have any money for lunch so he just stayed in here for his break. I asked him what did he want for lunch and bought it for himand it felt soooo good to do that. He didn't know it, but he had just got ROB'd with kindness. Love you Deb.

Debra on Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:16 PM
Thank you for sharing your ROB'd With Kindness story! In life, we never know when our situation will change and we will need the helping hands of others. Your co-worker needed assistance and you graciously extended your hand. I love it when you show love to your neighbor. Keep spreading the kindness!

Debra on Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:35 PM
AOK#22. Thanks

Greg Giles on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:21 PM
I wanted to share my wonderful experience with giving. I over heard one of my friends telling her son that she didn't have any money to buy food for them. So me being theGOOD SAMARITAN that I am offered to give her the last bit of cash I had on me which was $17.00 . I said here you can have this is it will help you . So I gave it to her not expecting anything back in return. Less than an hour later I went into a store full of crowded people to get something for a friend. and when Got it to the cash register I noticed a (20.00) dollar bill on the floor that everyone had not even paid attention to So I picked it up and said THANK YOU JESUS , because he was reminding me that when you give from the kindness of your heart you will reap more than you sowed!!

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:20 PM
Greg! Thank you for sharing your ROB’d With Kindness story! I see that you are an instinctive giver. There truly is more happiness in giving than receiving! Keep spreading kindness and returning to the site. AOK#23

DAYTONA on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:19 PM
Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2012 6:04pm Debra: On 9/13/12 I was engaged in a RAOK. When I came out of Walgreen's drug store, a woman approached me and told me that she didn't want money, but could I please buy a chicken for her and her children. I told her that I would buy her two chickens, but that I would have to open the pack to make sure that she did not try to return the chickens to get the money. She agreed, so I drove her up the street to a supermarket. I purchased to whole chickens and a gallon of punch. When we got outside, she God bless you. You can go ahead and put holes in the plastic wrapping. I told her, "No need, I trust that you will do the right thing." It is always hard to determine whether a stranger is telling the truth, never too hard to willingly give a helping hand.

keshela on Friday, September 21, 2012 8:21 AM
One day I was @ work an a lil old lady came to get her order n she didn't have enough money n I helped her by paying the difference

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:11 PM
Hello. Thank you for sharing such a great your story. I’ve met a lot of special people in my time and “older ones” are top on my list. If they are in need of help, assisting them is a priority. I am grateful that you viewed this person special enough to ROB with Kindness. Keep spreading kindness! AOK#25

Francis on Friday, September 21, 2012 9:30 AM
I was ROB'd with kindness today by a co-worker (KBH). I felt a little dizzy from not having any food in the morning. I proceeded to grab anything I could think of eating to stop the dizziness from making me faint. KBH noticed this and bought me a V8 Splash to drink. It was not expected and I was truly grateful. Thank you Debra for allowing me to share this. I am thankful for such great people in my life.

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:23 PM
Hi Uygen, I hope you are feeling better and happy that KBH ROB'd you With Kindness. You are very fortunate to be surrounded by awesome co-workers! Thank you for taking a moment to share positivity! AOK#26

GMac on Friday, September 21, 2012 10:03 AM
As a mother cried over her daughters behavior in regards to school, I imposed and ask that young girl why she didn't like school. She implied that she has to wake up in the morning to go to school. I gave her the wisest response that I know. I informed her that "the alternative to waking up is not waking up and that she gets to go to school. School is an opportunity not an obligation". Her mother sobbed as she thanked me for giving her daughter a piece of wisdom.

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:12 PM
Thank you for sharing your story! You have been given a “gift” of reaching young people and this is just one incident that highlights it. Sometimes parent have a hard time reaching their children, but words from someone else oftentimes make a huge difference. I am so proud that you stepped up!!! From the mother’s tears, it looks she was happy you stepped in as well! AOK#27

Maison Sharp on Friday, September 21, 2012 10:09 AM
At school today a boy in my class was really mean to a girl and made her cry. I gave her a note that said she is pretty and smart and he is dumb.

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:14 PM
Hi Maison. You are such a great person and I am so proud to be your Tee Deb! I am sure that you made your classmate feel so much better. If more people were like you, in thinking about other people, the world would be better. You are ONE person and you made a difference. Keep being kind. I Love You!! AOK#28

Deon on Friday, September 21, 2012 10:11 AM
I met a guy traveling who lost his wallet. You can tell this man was prideful, but he needed help with gas to get to his destination. I felt good that I was able to ROB him with kindness by giving a few bucks to get to his destination.

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:15 PM
Thank you for discerning the need of this prideful individual! Times are more challenging than they used to be and people are finding themselves in “unchartered waters,” not knowing how to swim. You mentioned that you felt good and that’s what happened when we choose to give. We also benefit because it triggers the happy center in our brains. Keep spreading kindness and continue to visit the site. AOK#29

Kim on Friday, September 21, 2012 11:32 AM
I have learned from Debra one of the truest definitions of what strength is. Not just by trying to be strong but how to find a way to do it through all of her sorrow,loss and pain... and that is doing something thoughtful for someone else. That makes a difference! So I try to do something each day for someone else that would help them in honor of Robert AND Debra.

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:27 PM
Kim....I am not surprised that you do something kind for someone each day. Everyday, without fail, you greet all those who cross your path with such a pleasant smile and with such warmth. It makes for a better day. Thanks for sharing positivity. You in right in line with my goal of wanting kindness to be spread each and every day. AOK#30

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:32 PM
Yesterday, I was ROB'd With Kindness by one of my co-workers, Kajal. She volunteered to assist me with what she terms "an easy task that is really fun." I really, really appreciated her help. AOK#32

Tom on Friday, September 21, 2012 12:08 PM
A few year ago I was in the drive-thru at Dunkin' Donuts getting my morning coffee and when I reached the window the clerk told me that the lady ahead of me purchased my coffee and said 'have a great day'. I could not stop smiling that day. I told all my friends and co-workers. It was odd that such a small act had such a large impact on me. Since then I make an effort to do the same for someone each week. A random stranger. Sometimes I get their coffee, sometimes their lunch. It makes me smile each time because I know the impact it can have. I have never titled it before, but after meeting Debra and hearing her families story it will forever be known Rob-ing someone with kindness. Small acts can bring about great impacts!

Debra on Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:04 PM
Hi Tom, Thank you for sharing your Acts of Kindness! I am in agreement that “small acts can bring about great impacts!” I recall the huge smile on your face when you talk about how these acts of kindness make you feel. I think it is safe to say that the effect on the recipient can be doubled or tripled. Keep spreading the kindness and return to the site to record. Thanks Buddy! AOK# 31

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:34 PM

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:36 PM
Yesterday was a great day! My son ROB'd me With Kindness with beautiful roses. I appreciate my son's love! Thank you son! AOK#33

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:42 PM
I received a message from a friend that stated, "We are up to 20 Random Acts of Kindnesscards and ~$1500 in honor of ROB'd With Kindness." This was an initiative to help a family who lost a very special loved one. Thanks everyone for stepping up and treating others with love and kindness on behalf of Robert. AOK#34-53

Debra on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:45 PM
One of my co-workers, Tom ROB'd another co-worker with Kindness. She wanted a cookie from Subway and since he was going there anyway, he graciously treated her to a delicious cookie. Very nice gesture! AOK#54

Debra on Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:53 PM
I was just ROB'd With Kindness by my husband. He went shopping and picked out a few blazers and an absolutely beuatiful purse. I was so suprised and happy! This came at a great moment because my heart was feeling the weight of missing Robert! AOK#55

Debra on Saturday, September 22, 2012 9:33 PM
I ROB’d my friend with Kindness today and made possible for her to treat herself, to be kind to herself. She has been by my side for years through good and bad times and I am grateful for her closeness. I am also thankful that I could play a role in putting SMILE on her face. AOK#56

Almisha on Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:29 AM
I was ROB’D with Kindness by a very special person who I affectionately call my “second mom”. When I wasn’t feeling very well, she took the time out of her schedule to research my symptoms and gave her expert nurse’s opinion on medications I should take. In a day, I was feeling better and back to my normal self. Debra, thank you for having such a caring heart and Robbing me with Kindness! Your compassion for helping others is contagious! Rob would be so proud of what you’re doing in his memory!

Debra on Sunday, September 23, 2012 12:15 PM
Hi Almisha, Thanks for pausing for a moment to share your ROB'd With Kindness story. It was my pleasure to assist you! Be sure to pay the kindness forward which I know you do anyway. Come back to the site and record those acts of kindness. I appreciate your help to reach my AOK goal of 365. This act represents AOK #57.

Keith McGrew on Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:50 PM
Did you know that “Acts of Kindness” cures male pattern baldness?
Let me tell you how. On last week I bumped into my neighbor at the local general store and he inquired about the smooth and clean presentation of my shaved head. Needless to say I was very flattered; it has been sometime since someone has sought me out for fashion advice. For a very long time, he has used a clipper two or three days a week and lived with the daily growth in between. This was not working for him and more to the point; it was not to his wife’s liking. The results of this approach was a continuous outline of his balding pattern, something had to give. I offer my advice and shared with him my razor of choice for the last fifteen years. He thanked me and we parted ways. He had a new plan of action and I had a ROBing to plan. I doubled back to the store, purchased a new razor and blades, deposited them into his mail box with a post card informing him that he had been ROB’d with Kindness. So maybe his male pattern balding is not cured, but the absence of a daily outline of growth is a much better look. So you see, “Acts of Kindness” is the cure for what ails you.

Debra on Monday, September 24, 2012 4:17 PM
One of my co-workers ROB'd his neighbor With Kindness. He recounted how much his neighbor liked tomatoes and peppers. My co-worker has a garden with these items, so he picked a bunch and took them to his neighbor. The effect of the co-worker's kindness could still be felt the next day as his neighbor expressed how tasty the tomatoes and peppers were. AOK#59

Anonymous on Monday, September 24, 2012 7:27 PM
I asked an astronaut I know to autograph a photo for a co-worker's son who some day wants to become an astronaut himself. He really appreciated the gesture.

Gloria Sharp on Monday, September 24, 2012 7:52 PM
I am a year wiser and I was Rob'd with kindness by my friend and the host of this site Debra. It wasn't a surprise as she is always giving of herself and resources. She made my birthday so special by sending me the best gift; lots of money(lol). Thank you so much for Rob'bing me. In Deb's honor I Rob'd a young man by sharing the gift. Thank you!!!!

Julian Goins on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:52 PM
In a world where it has become fashionable to be indifferent towards others, ROB'd with Kindness is a good practice to emulate. Most of the time, I focus my efforts on known entities or people that know me. However, random acts of kindness are equally important to people who least expect random acts of kindness. I'm constantly encouraging others because I have been the recipient of many relevant words of encouragement that have inspired me to sustain a strong sense of self-esteem. To this end, a person with a strong sense of self esteem is what I aspire towards and encourage others to have a strong sense of self-esteem. "Most of your thoughts and your responses to the events and people of your life are determined by your basic premises. These are the ideas, beliefs, opinions, and conclusions you have come to as the result of inputs and experiences starting in childhood.They constitute not only your self-concept, but also your philosophy of life. The more adamant and convinced you are of your basic premises, the more they predict and control everything you do, say, and feel. If you believe yourself to be an excellent person, loaded with talent and ability, friendly and popular, healthy and energetic, curious and creative, and destined to have a wonderful life, these basic premises will lead you to set goals, work hard, develop yourself, treat others well, bounce back from adversity, and ultimately succeed. Nothing will be able to stop you in the long run. It is not what happens to you in life that is important. It is only how you react to what happens. It doesn’t matter where you’re coming from, either. All that really matters is where you are going. And where you are going is limited only by your own imagination. And since your imagination is unlimited, your future is unlimited as well. These are the basic premises and beliefs you need to fulfill your potential." - CHANGE YOUR THINKING, CHANGE YOUR LIFE Relevant "Words of Encouragement" is my way of sharing Debra's Vision - ROB'd With Kindness.

Stephanie Clerk on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:01 PM
Oh my, where do I start? I must say that I was Rob'd by kindness today from my dear friend Debra Curry!!!!! I was totally not expecting it, but as always Mrs. Debra always surprises me by her kindness and love. She blessed me so much and she doesn't even realize how I feel behind that. I absolutely love her for who she is and I can't say enough about the love that I have for her. She definitely put a huge smile on my face today. Thank you Debra for allowing me to be Rob'd by Kindness today!!!!

Nicole Blue on Friday, September 28, 2012 8:10 AM
AOK - I was out shopping on my lunch break for myself. I remembered that one of my co-workers is in the process of starting a business. As I was out I saw the symbol that she wanted to use as her logo. My AOK - I purchased that item for her. I hope that she is able to incorporate the item in her new found venture.

Gloria on Monday, October 08, 2012 3:15 PM
Today was a good day. My morning started out with me getting my son to his football game on time and home in time to attend the Texas Longhorn game at 7pm with a friend that was kind enough to invite him. His game was over at 2 and he was scheduled to be picked up at 3. Just to let you know that time was a concern. So while he and his dad left to get home and be ready on time, I went to the store to pick up a few necessities for his trip. As I left the store, a lady stood between the cars pleading for money to help pay her rent. Not only was I in a hurry, but I too have been living on a tight budget. However, this woman appeared soooo sad and in need that as I passed her (thinking that I might need to join her), I had to turn around. I gave her what I had and realized even more that people are hurting out here in this world. Let's all make a effort to serve however we can.

Pat Choumitsky on Monday, October 22, 2012 11:51 AM
I share with you, not my act of kindness, but the act of kindness of a mother who lost her son and in the midst of that tragedy, showed only grace, mercy, compassion, and forgiveness. Her gift of a second chance is a reminder of grace and mercy God shows each of us everyday. I have never witnessed such a demonstration of God's love, compassion, forgiveness, and mercy. Debra, I am so moved by the Lord's work within you and all to his glory.

April Harris on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:27 AM
I don't normally share my acts of kindness, because I would rather keep it between God and myself. However, this one is in memory of my cousin, Robert and my dad, Willie James Mattox. The story: My best friend called me crying because her aunt had just passed away in another state and she needed to go to the funeral, but the only money she had was her rent money. Her mom told her to use the rent money and promised to give it back to her on her return home. Needless to say, her mom did not keep her promise and my friend could not pay her rent. She was $575 short, so I told her that if she could get half the money from her sister, I would give her the other half. The result: She and her two children sleep cozy in their beds without the worry of being put out on the street!

April Harris on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:47 AM
I was ROB'd with Kindness recently by a close friend/coworker. I recently had bilateral foot surgery and had been stuck in the house for two weeks when my friend came over to check on me. She brought me a dozen rainbow roses and said, "I brought you something else!". She handed me a grocery bag with one of my favorite snacks inside...STRING CHEESE!!! We both laughed like crazy because she knew this was right up my alley! This act of kindness really made my day!

Tamika Thrasher on Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:07 AM
An act of kindness came in my life a month ago.I got really sick with pnuemonia,being that my insurance had not kicked in during this time I had know way of paying for my medication to help cure this illness day after day I was sicker and sicker no strength not being able to move around like I wanted to I felt like it had taken over my whole body.3days passed and still no medication I was un able to work the main medicine that I needed was $300 for 10 pills.On day 4 I had to get enough strength to drive myself to work to do a training I cant even began to tell you how long that drive was and my job is only 5 minutes away from my house.When i stepped in the building everyone was asking me why was I even trying to drive,me being me I know it was something that I needed to do to keep my job,I started to get weak again eyes low and body just limp.This is when God sent an angel to me I was presented with a coupon for 82% off for my medication and in all I spent $23 dollars for my medication I thank this person with hugs and tears because had I not made that drive that day I would probably still be sick today.I made a speedy recovery and I feel so much better and I thank the people who showed me nothing but kindness during this time and helping get the medications I needed to be healed...It was a great act of kindness for me that I will never forget...

Nicole Blue on Friday, November 02, 2012 7:41 AM
The young man in front of me in line in the Café at work wanted a quiche however he did not have enough money with him. He only brought enough for a small oatmeal. Unbeknownst to him, I purchased the quiche for him and gave it to him. He was pleasantly surprised.

Tamika Thrasher on Saturday, November 03, 2012 12:32 PM
I have a friend who has been out of work for over a year and a half.She has 3 girls and she had been staying with a family member.I often call her to give her words of encouragement and to see how her girls are doing.This year has been the hardest for her.So I found out that it was 2 positions coming open at my job and she was the first to come to mind,so I gave her a call to let her know and told her to give them a call.She contacted me this morning excited that they want her to come in on monday for her interview im praying that everything goes thru for her so ill keep you updated..My words to her were to not give up on her faith and hold on because god has plans in store for her and her family.I have also helped her out with clothing for her kids in the past and the smile that was on her face showed me the appreciation that she had.Behind every smile is something different you never know what a person is going thru so today I say show an act of kindness weather its a simple hello or pat on the back you never how it could change that person life,we are all a guardian angel for someones life...God bless....

Nicole blue on Tuesday, November 06, 2012 1:58 PM
Went to lunch today at Subway - the young man behind me had $6.30 something cents. His meal came to $6.80 something cents. He did not have enough money to purchase his lunch and was going to put his drink back. I gave him $1.00 so that he could purchase all of the items he wanted.

Debra Curry on Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:40 PM
AOK #73 - Hello All: I have been away for a spell, finishing up my Master's Degree in Nursing. Now I am done and can focus on my vision for my son, Robert. My AOK involves my colleagues pausing for a moment to celebrate my graduation. It is amazing how deep positive deeds can penetrate the soul. Thanks Colleagues!

Debra Curry on Monday, November 19, 2012 5:34 PM
AOK # 74 - I was ROB'd With Kindness by a co-worker. He didn't make it to my graduation celebration, so he bought me lunch today. Being ROB'd really feels great! Thank you TW!

Valerie Hill on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:51 AM
I am touched to tears. Rob always gave his all to anyone who needed his help. Because he was always willing to give his all, I don't mind giving in his namTte. Rest in peace Rob.... I will always love you.

Anonymous on Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:40 PM
AOK #75 - I was a courteous driver. Instead of driving in haste, I allowed several drivers to enter my driving lane.

Anonymous on Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:45 PM
AOK # 75 - I practiced being a courteous driver. Instead of driving in haste, I allowed several drivers to enter my driving lane.

Deb on Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:51 PM
AOK #76 - This week, I noticed a new person in the office searching for coffee; however, no fresh coffee was available. So, I made him a fresh coffee and kindly informed him that I had ROB'd him with Kindness.

Anonymous on Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:47 PM
AOK #77 - I ROB'd my sister with Kindness! She was extremely happy to receive her gift!

Debra on Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:49 PM
AOK #78 - I ROB'd cashiers at Publix with Kindness. I thanked them for working and providing services the day after Thanksgiving!

Anonymous on Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:52 PM
AOK #79 - I was ROB'd with Kindness by a local merchant. The gift came by surprise. It confirms that there really are good people in the world! Thank you local merchant!

Anonymous on Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:57 PM
AOK #80 - My son and I ROB'd an employee of a community business. She was happy that we are able to demonstrate a high level of patience and understanding. I explained that dealing with the loss of my son has allowed me to develop a different level of patience. What she witnessed was in honor of my son, Robert T. Curry III. Love you son!

Debra Curry on Sunday, December 02, 2012 2:17 AM
AOK# 81-137. Fifty-seven people at my job ROB'd me With Kindness were involved in a luncheon for celebrating the up- coming graduation for obtaining my master's degree in nursing. I am so blessed and grateful!

Debra Curry on Sunday, December 02, 2012 2:19 AM
AOK #138. My husband ROB'd me With Kindness today. Thank you baby. Love the coat and scarf!

Anonymous on Sunday, December 02, 2012 2:29 AM
AOK # 139-180. 42 people ROB'd me With Kindness today. I received phone calls, letters, cards, text messages, and emails with wishes that my day be a wonderful one. I had families (mother, father, and son)singing a special song for for me and along with other family and friends on three-way connections. 99% performed their unique rendition of the HB song. My heart was overwhelmed!!!!

Treba Walker on Sunday, December 02, 2012 4:53 PM
AOK #181 - 183. I just spoke with my cousin, Treba and qas quite amazed at the wonderful acts of kindness she renders on a regular basis. She ROB'd a single mother with Kindness by making sure that her 3 children would have a great Christmas. She shopped until she dropped and bought, clothers, shoes, and toys for this family. What an expression of Love and Kindness! Her mother, my Aunt Carrie, would be so proud of what she is doing to help other people.

R. Moore on Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:03 PM
AOK # 184-189. My cousin informed me of a story lived out by a lady called Ms. Moore. She is well-known for her Acts of Kindness. She serves as a Foster Parent for 6 children and has 2 of her own. The story unfolds with Ms. Moore adopting some of the foster children she has cared for. In fact, I hear that she will do ANYTHING she can to help children. When children are hungry and have no money for food, she makes sure they eat. If they have no shoes to wear, Ms. Moore contributes and makes sure that child gets a decent pair of shoes on his/her feet. Keep up the great work, Ms. Moore!

Bellair Elementary Staff on Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:14 PM
AOK #190. Kudos to the cafeteria staff and teacher's aids at Bellair Elementary School in Killeen, Tx. They should be recognized for their Acts of Kindness. They were able to raise $400 for United Way. Interestingly, they took on the mission of buying food, cooking it, and selling food plates so that United Way would have a good donation to help others in need. GOD has really touched the hearts of the Bellair staff and has used them to help children in need.

Anonymous on Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:16 PM
AOK #191 - I donated to the Salvation Army.

Anonymous on Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:24 PM
AOK # 192. Today one of the merchants I frequent informed me of Acts of Kindness he performs when he travels to his native country, Vietnam. He related how poor people are and how some have no food and very few clothing. When he returns home, he makes it a habit to seek out people and give them money to buy food or needed clothing. On one trip, his son saw "Kindness in Action" from his father. As a result, he (the son) was inspired to go to school to be a doctor so that he can move back to Vietnam to help the poor. Beautiful story!!!

Anonymous on Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:28 PM
AOK # 193. I received a message that reported this Act of Kindness. She stated, "My cousin showed me an AOK today. After paying all my bills and having no extra money, she came and treated me to dinner..all on her." The Acts of Kindness keep flowing!

Debra Curry on Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:33 PM
AOK # 194. My grandkids and their mother ROB'd me With Kindness today. It was so special, such a moment to remember!

Anonymous on Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:07 PM
AOK #195. It seems more and more people are suffering from cancer. Expenses can get out of control. A cancer victim was ROB'd with Kindness and helped with treatment related expenses.

Anonymous on Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:10 PM
AOK #196. For Thanksgiving, turkeys were donated for those in need.

Anonymous on Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:14 PM
AOK #197. This Act of Kindness involved giving a gift card for missionary kids for Christmas.

Sandy on Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:25 PM
AOK #198. I ROB'd someone With Kindness in this way. I was stopped by a lady asking for directions. Instead of giving her verbal directions or pointing to the left or right, I insisted that she follow me. I drove her to where she needed to go and she was very thankful.

Mond on Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:42 PM
AOK #199-200. I ROB'd 2 people With Kindness. I was on my way to work and saw my coworker standing at the bus stop in the rain. I stopped and told her that I would take her to work and I did. She was glad I came along. I do this a lot. If I see people struggling to carry their shopping items, I will offer to assist them. Older people, especially, enjoy the help.

Anonymous on Monday, December 03, 2012 8:45 AM
Last week when driving back from Florida in the rain, I passed a young man and his dog standing on the on ramp looking for a ride. I normally do not pick up hikers but something told me to pick up this young man. It was raining. I did and was able to give him a ride for over 100 miles. I found out that he was trying to get home because his father was in the hospital and not doing well. I left him at a truck stop (wish I could have taken him home) with $50 so he could get food and call home. I may never pick someone up again but I was glad I did.

Debra on Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:29 PM
Thank you for sharing your Act of Kindness! You demonstrated Extraordinary KINDNESS and it looks as if the recipient benefited tremendously and so did you. It always feels good to "GIVE" and you will undoubtedly be blessed because of your efforts. Keep your beautiful spirit and remember to demonstrate caution. Not all people have your beautiful heart and spirit. Again, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous on Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:36 PM
AOK #234-235. A person I admire greatly sent notification that she performed an Act of Kindness and she received an Act of Kindness. Thanks for sharing.

Debra on Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:29 PM
AOK# 235 - I informed a gentleman today that he was being ROB'd With Kindness. It was raining "cats and dogs", and the gentleman did not have an umbrella. Since I had an oversized umbrella and since his car was near mine, I assisted him in getting to his car. The "cats and dogs" did not have a chance to disrupt his gray head of hair. :)

Lamar & Debra on Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:31 PM
AOK#235 - My son ROB'd his children With Kindness and I followed up and ROB'd them too!

Anonymous on Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:33 PM
AOK#235 - I ROB'd someone or some family With Kindness by contributing to the Salvation Army.

Suhana on Monday, December 03, 2012 5:31 PM
AOK #202-203 One of my co-workers recounted 2 Acts of Kindness displayed by her duaghter, Suhana. Suhana recently donated her hair (10 inches) to an organization called Locks of Love. "Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis." Suhana's story proves that you're never too young to think about others. Thank you Suhana for contributing positivity to the world! Suhana's second Act of Kindness involved helping sick children at Scottish Rite Hospital. On occasions, she is known to make cookies for them. I am sure the children are encouraged by Suhana's effort and look forward to her visits. Thank you Suhana for thinking about those in need and being KIND to them!

Jaylen Peters on Monday, December 03, 2012 5:33 PM
AOK #204. My nephew text me to let me know that his Act of Kindness involved deciding to trust someone again. He chose to give the person a second chance. Thank you Jaylen. I believe in second chances. Keep spreading goodness. Love you, Auntie Deb

Kristen Peters on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 10:27 PM
I helped one of my patient's family members fill out some paperwork online even though it was not related to my job. I sit there in the home over my alloted time and explained to her how to do it until she understood.

Kristen Peters on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 10:36 PM
I stopped at a gas station to get some gas and while in line to pay for my gas. A woman walked to me and asked if I could give her a few dollars for gas that she had ran out of gas and needed to get home. Normally I don't give money out like that cause it is hard to decipher if people are telling the truth but against my better judgment I gave her a few dollars and she thanked me. Afterwards I felt good about giving her the money cause I felt like I did a good deed and if she was realy scamming me then that's not on my conscience.

Pat Choumitsky on Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:44 PM
My husband and I were walking down to the dumpster in our apt complex when a kind gentleman driving a truck stopped, rolled down his window and asked if we'd like to put our heavy trash bags in the back of his truck, since he was going that way and would be glad to pitch them for us with his bags.

Debra on Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:22 PM
Hi Pat. Thanks for sharing. This is another example of how a kind act has a great impact. We need more people taking the KIND road; it's a much higher road.

Pat Choumitsky on Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:46 PM
Recently I was having a "blue" day and out of the blue a dear friend simple send an email that said how much I meant to her....it lifted my spirits and made me feel hopeful and grateful.

Pat Choumitsky on Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:48 PM
My husband and I were leaving a restaurant when a young women pulled up in a car and asked how late the restaurant was open. We looked at the door and couldn't find a sign posting the closing hours. Despite protests from the driver, my husband said, wait, I'll run back in and ask... no problem! And he did.

Debra on Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:18 PM
Val's actions did not surprise me! He is just that type of man. He is a person who is concerned about other people, so him springing into action to assist came as a natural instinct. I am glad that you took the initiative to ROB her With Kindness.

Anonymous on Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:51 PM
At work I had a very challenging meeting. One of my colleagues jumped to my defense for which I was very grateful. And my boss, too supported me.

Anonymous on Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:53 PM
Today I got an email from a colleague reminding me to say "yes" to every offer to try something new, reminding that this is how we grow, learn, and make the most of lives.

Debra Curry on Monday, December 10, 2012 1:21 PM
AOK # 211. I was ROB'd With Kindness by one of my co-workers, Dr. Thomas Martin. He is a living testament to the reality that chivalry is not dead. As an Act of Kindness, Dr. Martin, walked to his car to retrieve his oversized umbrella for me so that I would not get wet (from the rain) as I walked from one building to another. How thoughtful! How did he know that an Act of Kindness today was just what the doctor ordered? Thanks Bud. I appreciate you!!!

Treba on Monday, December 10, 2012 9:14 PM
AOK #212-214. My cousin, Treba, Rob'd her cousins with Kindness. In fact, she impressed me in a major way! On Saturday, I tasked her with shopping for clothes and shoes for 3 very special people in my life. I received notification today, Monday, that the mission was complete. She finished the shopping on Sunday. Incredible! I love it! Ask and it shall be done. Perhaps it's the Mattox nature that led to the fierce determination, or perhaps it is simply that Treba likes to shop. Whatever the conclusion, I am thrilled that it was done. My 3 special people (my grandkids) will love their new clothing. Thank you Cousin.

A Caring Nurse on Monday, December 10, 2012 9:47 PM
AOK #215. I was touched by a nurse's story. Nurses are known for their caring spirit. This nurse related how she took care of a patient until she took her last breath. It was quite difficult as you might expect; however, she would have it no other way. She felt that she was destined to make a difference and that's exactly what she did. The family noticed the difference "the caring nurse" made and thanked her. Although she did not need the validation, hearing the words, "Thank you for making a difference!" made the nurse feel appreciated! Thanks to the nurse for sharing her Act of Kindness.

Jazz on Monday, December 10, 2012 9:58 PM
AOK #216. My niece shared with me her Acts of Kindness. She helped her mom clean the house and helped her teachers grade papers. I am proud of your deeds. You Auntie is very proud.

Anonymous on Saturday, December 15, 2012 4:51 PM
AOK#217 - A friend of mine informed me that she ROB'd someone with Kindness. She gave her friend a coat. What a thoughtful gift, especially since Winter is just around the corner. Thanks V. I am sure your friend appreciated your KIND gesture.

Debra Curry on Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:10 PM
AOK #218-225. I want to take a moment and BRAG about being ROB'd With Kindness. I work with a group of beautiful young women in the Customer Service department. I shared with them how important my graduation was and they lived my experience with me. One request on my Wish List was to have a make-over. Stephanie, Christie, and Norette took the mission very serious, developing a serious Plan of Action. When I arrived for my session, I was shocked and amazed. They actually made a fuss over me and it felt wonderful! I didn't know that there was an art to makeup. They brought lip colors, eye colors, concealers, gloss, liner, etc. They had it all! All I needed was to sit back and watch them work and think. Needless to say, I was impressed. Not only impressed with the makeup, but impressed that there are still great people in the world, people who really care. And, I am fortunate enough to have worked with Stephanie, Christie, and Norette! I would be remiss if I did not mention Cassie. Cassie was there also, playing a very vital consultant role. Thank you Cassie and thank all of the Customer Service Fashion Girls. I am honored to be a person you gve thought to!!!

Anonymous on Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:12 PM
AOK#225-226. I ROB'd 2 people with Kindness by buying them lunch.

Anonymous on Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:16 PM
AOK#227 - I ROB'd someone my husband with Kindness by surprising him with one of his favorite colognes.

Anonymous on Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:18 PM
AOK#228 - I ROB'd someone with Kindness by picking up their tab. I love the look on people's faces when they are informed that they have been ROB's With Kindness.

Anonymous on Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:23 PM
AOK#229 - I ROB'd someone With Kindness by surprising them with their favorite beverage.

Anonymous on Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:25 PM
AOK#230 - I ROB'd someone With Kindness by helping them to find their way to the Social Security office.

Michael Mattox on Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:47 PM
AOK# 231+ - This is a time to shine the spotlight on my cousin, Michael, who lives in Winnfield, LA. He started an organization that help to bring UNITY back to the CommUNITY. As part of my family helping me to expand the ROB'd With Kindness concept, my cousin sent a picture of him and his group performing an Act of Kindness. This is his story: When RR's house burned down,it motivated Michael and his team to spring into ACTION. They did not want to stand by and do nothing; so, they put their heads and hearts together and came up with a solution. They went to Walmart, purchased a $200 gift card and an additional card signed by all those who participated. Afterwards, they located RR and delivered her gift. The President opened up by saying, "It's not much, but ..." Her response was, "Baby, when you have lost everything, this is a lot!" This is just another example of what putting UNITY back in the CommUNITY stands for. Thank you cousin for not only performing the ACT of KINDNESS, but keeping alive the memory of my son, Robert.

Anonymous on Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:49 PM
AOK#232 - I ROB'd someone With Kindness by helping to pay a bill.

Debra on Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:10 PM
AOK#234. It is amazing how little things mean a lot. Today, my son ROB'd me With Kindness. How? He was inquiring about things and people and mid-streamed, he stopped and said, "You know what, Mom. Enough about everything and everybody else, tell me what's going on with YOU. How are you Mom?" That moment is a memorable moment, something that many parents welcome. Thank you son. That was a very special moment.

Anonymous on Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:36 PM

Debra on Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:38 PM
AOK# 236 - I informed a gentleman today that he was being ROB'd With Kindness. It was raining "cats and dogs", and the gentleman did not have an umbrella. Since I had an oversized umbrella and since his car was near mine, I assisted him in getting to his car. The "cats and dogs" did not have a chance to disrupt his gray head of hair. :)

Lamar & Lynn on Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:41 PM
AOK#237 - My son ROB'd his children With Kindness and I followed up and ROB'd them too!

Anonymous on Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:43 PM
AOK#238 - I ROB'd someone or some family With Kindness by contributing to the Salvation Army.

Anonymous on Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:44 PM
AOK # 239 - I ROB'd an individual With Kindness by contributing to payment of a gas bill.

Anonymous on Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:10 PM
AOK #240-241. A friend notified me of Acts of Kindness she performs. She has a magnetic pull when it comes to helping veterans. She informs that she periodically provides food (breakfast) to homeless veterans. She also relates how she encourages veterans when they want to give up (school). She backs the encouragement up with meaningful actions by helping them with homework when needed. Keep up the great work! Proud of you, my friend. Veterans are very special. They have made great sacrifices on the behalf of many people.

Debra on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:36 AM
This site is reserved for those performing or receiving Acts of Kindness on behalf on my beloved son, Robert. I would appreciate your consideration and RESPECT of this very important matter. This is NOT an advertisement site. Thanks in advance.

Debra on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:38 AM

Anonymous on Friday, December 21, 2012 6:40 PM
A security gaurd, Sean, at my apartment complex saw a package had been deliverednto our home am Nd we were away... It rained very hard. His management said he wasnt allowed to pick up packages for residents at risk of his job. He did it for us anyway, saying he hoped that someone o Would do the same for him. God bless him for his kimdness.

Debra on Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:31 PM
We need more people like this gentleman! Thanks for sharing!

Debra on Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:37 PM
AOK - 243. My sister was Rob'd With Kindness and she was very grateful for the kind gesture. The gift of kindness she received was a mere token of what she gave me from childhood to adulthood. She and my brother-in-law can be credited for me being the woman that I am. Thank you Gladys and Roy!

Debra on Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:46 PM

Debra on Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:04 PM
AOK #244. My family ROB'd me With Kindness. When I walked in my sister's home, my family members greeted me with "Surprise!" They were celebrating my accomplishment - obtaining my Mater's degree in Nursing. They were so proud of me! What a wonderful feeling. Thanks family!

Debra on Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:42 PM
AOK. No # to represent. I decided to pen my greatest Act of Kindness last. My Act of Kindness is FORGIVENESS! Allow me to explain. Robert's friend was responsible for taking his life and after two years, this person was held accountable for her actions. My Act of Kindness involves complete forgiveness for her. Yes, God forgives us; so, we are under obligation to forgive others. Well, as you all may know, demonstrating true forgiveness is easier said than done. However, God allowed my heart to stretch such that I hold no malice, no contempt, no anger in my heart for the person that murdered my son. This was my greatest Act of Kindness and not only is it what God expects of me, but if my son were here, he would have expected no less. My gesture represented what my son stood for. I would like to thank each of you for taking a moment to share your Acts of Kindness. I have been touched by the hearts of many of you and my hope is that others have been touched as well. My goal is starting the ROB'd With Kindness initiative and the website was to find a way for my son, Robert, to be remembered for what he stood for. He was known to help anyone he could and for me, as his mother, I am proud that he possessed a quality that allowed him to focus on someone besides himself. The ROB'd With Kindness initiative made me more conscious of how I treated others. It heightened my desire to be more Kind and Patient. I hope it will do the same for others. Think about how much better the world would be if we all focused on treating others with kindness and patience. The world would be a better place! Today is my son's birthday, and I miss him tremendously. Truth be told, I miss him every single day!!!! Sometimes it is hard to believe that he is gone, but he is no more. I pray that others will learn from my son's tragic death. Violence does not pay! It is important that we all find alternative means to resolving conflict. God bless. May we all find room in our hearts in 2013 to be Kind to others, to ROB'd others With Kindness! With sincere thanks. An Appreciative Mom. Debra

Anonymous on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:57 PM
today i made dinner for my whole family - R.j - ESAC #ROB'd with Kindness !!!

R.j on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:59 PM
even though my mom was suppose to make the cake for her students and co-workers , i made it for her instead - ESAC #ROB'd with Kindness !!

R.j on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:01 PM
to help pass the word on about "#ROB'd with Kindness" i passed out flyers too my classmates at school .. hopefully they will support this idea and memory of Robert Curry - ESAC #ROB'd with Kindness !!

R.j on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:03 PM
my grandpa is staying with us and his knee began to hurt really bad , so i looked for my ace wrap and gave it to him yesterday - ESAC #ROB'd with Kindness !!

R.j on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:06 PM
i know this might be a "simple" AOK but i gave my dog a rib-bone , therefore Pebbles(my dogs name) was #ROB'd with Kindness - ESAC !!

Brinklie - ESAC on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:14 AM
I baked a diabetic key lime pie for my grandpa

Andrea on Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:12 PM
I loved hearing about Rob'd with Kindness and sorry about your loss of such a precious life at such a young age. I hope my act of kindness of my hug to you "mother to mother" was an embrace of encouragement to continue your advocacy of such a great movement. Your in our family's thoughts and prayers!

Maison Sharp on Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:51 PM
My tee Deb has always reward me for having good grades. She said that if she had a son, he would be like me. I love my tee Deb because she encourage me to be my best. Thanks tee Deb for everything and for rob'd me with kindness.

Moneisha k. on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:52 PM

Moneisha k. on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 8:03 PM
Winnfield, la Native. Hi Debra I just watched your interview with Alive speaking of the tragic incident of your son. I'm a Winnfield native, friends with Darryl , Michael and Treba. I just want to say I was truly inspired by your interview on how to spread the word of Acts of Kindness. I have always done this in different times of my life never really thinking of the bigger blessings you get in return, you just made me want to spread the word to everyone else. Thank you for sharing Robert with us. My next post will be letting you no what my Act of Kindness was.

Boxing Gloves on Friday, June 21, 2013 12:27 PM
xbfaljnr boxing gloves vzdalhlo http://calendar.sbu.edu/everlast.html

Buy Xeloda Online on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:38 AM
You've shared a terrific topic. Thanks for this wonderful sharing and want to know more detail so please continue...

Carlos on Sunday, September 01, 2013 5:40 PM
A single mother of one was Rob'd With Kindness today and provided with groceries for her and her son. God is good!!!! Love You Debra!!!!

Gil Skafidas on Sunday, November 03, 2013 2:00 PM
finishing. Simply as speak with

link on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:12 PM
especially within these?

rejestracja spolek on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:16 AM
the review articles and also opinions of?